Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Bon Appetit

I read cookbooks like others read novels.  Reading a cookbook for me is very relaxing.  Do I usually make the recipe?  No.  However, I can read a recipe and see myself measuring, baking, stewing etc.  I have a very vivid imagination and can even taste the finished dish.  Don't ask me how or why, I have been this way for a while.  In my library I must have about fifty cookbooks by way of book clubs, yard sales, clearance tables etc.  I just love them. Going online is what I do now.  Food Network, Cooking Channel, Allrecipes, etc.  I'm there.  Sometimes I realize that hours have passed, that's how engrossed I am in my books.  Now, don't get me wrong, I will have a taste for something and if I don't already know how to make it, I will search out the recipe.  It's just that I like reading cookbooks for relaxation.  I travel along with my recipes.  If it is a paella, I'm in Spain; lasagna-Italy, falafel-the Middle East.  I've been to every continent. Try it!  Bon appetite! 

No comments:

Post a Comment